DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
Room H2O are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Room H2O is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our registered office is: UK Tiles Direct Ltd, Unit 9, Justin Business Park, Sandford Lane, Wareham, Dorset BH20 4DY. For all data matters contact the Manager on 01929 551963
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiries
- To process orders from you for goods and services
- To deal with enquiries we receive from you
- to track activity on our site
- to manage deliveries, returns and refunds;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints;
- for claims management and insurance purposes; and
- for record keeping purposes.
- For the purposes of warranty replacements for products
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules
- For the purpose of debt recovery in the case of non payment
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data – Name, address, telephone number and email
- Order details
- Payment information
- Information gathered by Cookies
- IP address for the purpose of anayltics
We have obtained your personal data from the customer only.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with employees of Room H2O for the purpose of fulfilling your orders.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular –
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with legal obligations, or to enforce our terms and conditions
- Delivery couriers / freight forwarders
- For the purpose of manufacturer warranties
- If we sell or buy any business assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal information to prospective seller or buyer.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. A period of six years for hard copies and computer records in order to maintain warranties on products purchased. Records are deleted after two years if no products purchased.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will mean we would be unable to provide a quotation, order or delivery.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have various rights under the data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to –
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data abroad or outside the EEA
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Room H2O, Unit 9, Justin Business Park, Sandford Lane, Wareham, Dorset BH20 4DY
Room H2O is a trading name of UK Tiles Direct Ltd.
Updated January 2020